Subject: [Leica] Questions about my M3
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 19:15:24 +0200

Well, now I am home and I have loaded my M3 and want to test it. I have
a couple of questions:

1) When mounting my 50mm Summilux, I encountered a lot more resistance
than when I mount the same lens on my M6. It does mount properly, and
the focusing seems OK, but the effort required is markedly higher than
on the M6. Same result with my 75mm Summilux.
Is that something to worry about? I.e., am I doing damage to
either the lens or the M3?

2) To test the camera properly one obviously has to mount it on a
tripod. Here comes the second problem. The tripod hole on the M3 is
wider than on the M6 or on my SLRs, so I cannot mount it on my Bogen
tripod. What are the common solutions to this problem?

Thanks!

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman