Subject: Re: [Leica] Hasselblad
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 06:56:35 -0700

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 03:31 PM 7/23/98 +0000, Donal Philby wrote:
>
> >Sat through a banquet presentation by Mr. Wildi at a NANPA conference
> >once here in San Diego and it was almost embarrassing to witness someone
> >showing pictures that he was so proud of that all of us at the table
> >though were dreadfully boring.  It might have been more interesting if
> >he had shot test patterns.
>
> You thought so too? I thought is pictures rather pedestrian. Oh well, they
> were sure sharp! :-)

Funny, isn't it, that when you don't have content, all that is left is
sharpness or some production value.  Interestingly, some of the most
wonderful Leica photos are wonderful not because of the lenses (some are
blurry, flat, etc.), but because of the content.  So, tip for day, if
you can't capture a decisive moment--make it sharp.  Of course, if you
can do both . . . .

donal

- --
Donal Philby