Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions about my M3
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:39:45 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> > Sounds like you've got a 3/8 thread in your baseplate, and the
> > current standard is a 1/4 inch.  You should be able to find an
> > adaptor to fit between the tripod head and the camera (this will
> > compromise rigidity, though) or at worst get a tripod head that
> > has interchangeable threads of both sizes.
>
> That is exactly what I have. I am off to look for an adapter tomorrow.

Bogens quick release comes in both thread sizes.  I have the 3/8 one on the
base of my Hasselblad, then I also have the standard one which I use on the
tripod for most of my day to day shooting which is done with the Leica's.  No
compromise in rigidity and makes for a quick change of cameras.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto