Subject: [Leica] Vacation in Hong Kong
From: CMUHLSTEIN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:12:36 EDT

I just returned from vacation. Hong Kong is a street photographer's paradise.
Varied architecture, crowded streets, public markets, and the port are like
cramming New York into San Francisco.  I covered my M6 with black tape and
never felt threatened. Bali is a third world version of Hawaii with friendly
people and CHEAP PRICES.  During this past year, the Rupiah fell from
3,500/$1USA to 15,000/$1USA. The political problems are not evident on this
mostly Hindu, primarily tourist destination.
Thanks to referrals from the LUG, I discovered another source for equipment-
Cameron Photo in Hong Kong. Everything is brand new with international
warranty. Cash prices do not include shipping, minimal duty if mailing, or
credit card surcharges. Bring travelers checks. Dollar quotes are based on
$7.75 HK exchange rate.  Examples:
M6 black $1,496     21 $1,175     21 ASPH $1,544     21 viewfinder $220
35 1.4 ASPH $1,562    50 Noctilux $1,755
Mr. Chin can be reached at
Shop #G35A,  Hyatt Regency Hotel, 16 Lock Road,  Kowloon, Hong Kong
236-66043 voice   273-98575 fax
I treated myself to a Noctilux and am experimenting with b&w on the streets of
Los Angeles.
Have a great summer, Carl