Subject: [Leica] Music lovers vs Audiophiles - The final conflict
From: reviews_ed.hifichoice@dennis.co.uk (Alan Sircom)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:53:19 +0000

Duane Birkey has stated a number of points about audiophiles, most of
which I completely agree with (in particular "Some 'audiophiles' are
more concerned about impressing their neighbors… than actually enjoying
the subtle nuances of a particular recording." — nice one, Centurian!).
However, before this thread becomes a whole rug, let's draw a veil over
it and get back to photography. I would hate to have been the one to
pollute this user group with too much audiophile spam and I am sure
Duane and all others who have posted on this subject will agree.

I think we should cut the audiophile - and the horologist, the cigar
afficionado and the luxury car collector - some slack as we may not all
be 'into' the subject enough to comment with authority. Besides, it
will prove very boring for those into photography and Leicas, but have
no interest in music or hi-fi. Finally, lest we forget, there are a
significant number of people who feel that people who buy anything more
than the cheapest APS camera are a few bricks short of a hod.