Subject: [Leica] 2x extender R disappointment
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:36:53 +0100

Hi LUGnuts

Tried using my Leitz 2x  SL/SL2 extender to turn my 90/2 into a 180/4 on
the cheap.

Quite frankly, the results were appalling. Soft focus and washed out
colour. Nothing wrong with the 90/2, as shots taken before and afterwards
with just the prime lens were tack sharp and rich in colour.

I can't believe that Leitz would produce an extender this bad, so there
must be something wrong with it (or with the way I'm using it).

1) Anyone else had any bad experiences with Leitz 2x extenders?

2) If it needs checking out on an optical test bench, who's the best person
to send it to? John van Stelten?

TIA

Slan

Alex