Subject: [Leica] Trolling and quality control
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:18:57 +0100

Jim wrote:

>Ouch, that hurts!  See everyone, he attacked me without provocation of any
>kind.  A clear case of trolling!

I thought a troll was a hideous, roughly man-shaped monster that hid under
bridges somewhere in the Scandinavian twilight and scared the bejaysus out
of small children and passing billygoats.

Could someone explain what the verb 'trolling' means emailwise, and how it
arose?

>Our products never break!

That's true. Crash, yes. Freeze, yes. Fall over at crucial moments, yes.
But as a long time user of Word (not 6, thank God) and Excel, I can testify
they never break ;-?

>Think Leica
>could learn a thing or two about quality control from Microsoft?  =:-()

Don't think Leica issue beta-testing versions on quite the same scale. What
gets to me is that most of the Leica faults posted here appear to be
obvious to someone who's half-blind. However do they let them out of the
factory?

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst