Subject: Re: [Leica] Final Chapter in Continuing Saga of Disintegrating Lens
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

> The one thing I find odd is that the only paperwork that came back to me was
> my original note, etc. Not a word about what was wrong, what they did, or
> how they regret the fact that I was sold such a piece of defective etc. All
> of which I find a bit odd. But, if the lens works, as they say... :-)

This is the same manner in which my M6 was returned to me after Leica
(New Jersey, USA) repaired the metering circuit, which apparently had
a case of "infant mortality."  Leica was prompt, courteous, and even
made a follow-up call to make sure things were still working properly.
I would have loved to know what the problem was, but I'm not
complaining.  I thought the days of quality customer service were
gone, and I'm not even that old yet.

I hope they serviced your lens just as promptly.

Andrew
(WTB: 35/2 Summicron-M, latest non-ASPH, black)