Subject: Re: [Leica] Mini Lenspen
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:30:24 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: TEAShea@aol.com <TEAShea@aol.com>
>There is no fluid.  It is a powder (carbon based).  The pad is not rubber,
but
>seems like suede.  I agree with you than one must take care and make sure
that
>the pad does not become contaminated with grit.

Devilishly clever, this rubbing carbon into the lens--No wonder those faint
cleaning marks on my lens vanished--they were literally blacked out!! No
more worries that those barely-visible marks are causing a visible loss of
contrast! Faint marks really do seem to vanish, even upon close inspection
under good light.

But for honesty's sake, let's not go calling these optics "flawless"

Jeff