Subject: Re: [Leica] Request Owners Experiece with 1:2.8 / 135 Elmarit
From: Charles Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:21:07 -0500

I like mine fine, and carry the weight to get the extra stop of speed
when I need it.  For travel I'd prefer the smaller, lighter f/4
Tele-Elmar, but I'll have to save up for that one.

Meantime, my only advice is to avoid using the 135 Elmarit with a
tripod-mounted M camera - the heavy lens puts a lot of torque on the
camera baseplate and makes for a very sloppy setup.  Mount the outfit
using the tripod lug on the lens instead.  It puts the focusing ring
over the tripod head, which is not the most convenient, but makes for a
much more solid arrangement.

Enjoy the lens.

Cheers,
Kip Babington