Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder V31#2
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 20:06:53 EDT

Tom,

Thanks for your kind words regarding my photograph on the back of the current
LHSA Viewfinder "Charleston Sweetgrass Basket Ladies".  It does show off the
wonderful properties of the 24/2.8.  When I came upon this scene in
Charleston, it seemed the perfect subject for an ultra-wide angle lens, and
the 24 was what I had in the bag. I've found this lens great to use for
travel.  BTW, I used Fuji Sensia slide film, which I would consider a fine
grain film, not Fuji RD.

I have five other photos in the color section and all were taken with Sensia
as well.  You'll notice another of my shots taken with the 75/1.4.  I was
trying to "stretch" myself a little using some lenses I ordinarily don't carry
to see what they can do.

Roy Moss, editor of the Viewfinder, told me that the original color proofs
looked outstanding, while the finished color section in the Viewfinder is a
little muddy and oversaturated.  Just think what the color section could have
looked like if it had been printed properly!

The Viewfinder - another good reason for joining the LHSA.

Bill Rosauer