Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: quality of Leica images
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 22:35:41 -0500

At 11:06 AM 7/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
>was far outstripping the difference in quality. I'm sure there are NG
>contract photographers who use Leicas, but the bottom line seems to be the
>dollar.

And we might note that the National Geographic photographers who use Leica
are a larger proportion by far than in many other photo areas. And they
have some of the best photographers on the planet.

But be that as it may, they also have lots of photographers that use other
systems.

But, I go back to the Photo District News Survey. Leica was behind only
Nikon and Canon at about 15%. So 15% of the professional photographers out
there use Leica amongst other camera systems. And it seems to be growing a
bit.

I know of several photojournalists at newspapers. One I just learned about
is the assistant chief photographer of the Houston Chronicle. Some very
nice work, too.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.