Subject: [Leica] Its the 75, not the HM (Correction)
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:29:03 -0400

I just had a look at the negatives shot with my old reliable M6 and with my
DR 50, my 50/1.4 and my 75/1.4.  All appear sharp, until I get to the shots
taken with the 75.  They have exactly the same appearance as those taken
with my HM.

I have mixed feeling about this.  It vindicates my new camera.  On the
otherhand, it is covered by warranty, wheras I fear the 75 may cost lots of
$$ to repair.  Looking at the lens, I can see no sign of problems.  I
listened to it a la Sherry's suggestion, but there are no audible sounds
(bad hearing?) when I shake it.

Dan C.

ps..Damn, I just tried listening for a loose element in the lens by shaking
it lightly.   At first I heard the usual sounds of what I presume is the
aperture mechanism components (light clicking sounds), but THEN, I heard
it:  a dull, heavy, cluncking sound, of what I presume is a loose lens
element bouncing back and forth.  Damn, Damn, Damn.