Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica bargains
From: MARY & STAN KEPHART <KEPHARTOL@att.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 98 23:46:30 -0500

Sunday night

Hi Tina,

Nice to hear from you.  I've thought about you since Kennebunkport,
especially when I see grass leaning beautifully this way and that in the
light.  I looked up all three websites last night and was really
impressed.  Do you do all your work with or without an assistant?
I'm assuming you do all the work on the images in the DR and then put
them on the web, rather than use the computer to "manipulate."  Some of
the techies around here think that chemistry will be overtaken by
computer within the next 10 years.

I have an opportunity here to apprentice with a portrait photographer in
town.  She does only 50% color and 50% B&W archival printing, no 35mm &
no RC.  Beautiful work, but I don't know if this is the way to go.  How
did you get started?  On the Leica website today, I found that they have
a school, and actually tech some courses in English!

Someone named Kirk responded to my enlarger inquiry with an offer to buy
his 1970's Focomat 1c.  I've seen the v35, but haven't any idea what the
1c looks like.  Any opinion on that?I like to print full-frame and wonder
if neg carriers and lens boards, etc. are available for an item of that
vintage.  So much to learn!  I'm reading Ansel Adams and a wonderful book
on B&W printing by Larry Bartlett (posthumus) and Jon Tarrant.  He
recommends the v35.

Cheers,