Subject: re: [Leica] Minilux zoom vs Z2X
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:09:17 +0200

On 02-08-1998 21:23 JPMccormac@aol.com wrote:

>My impression of the Minilux Zoom is exactly the same.  I can't believe
>there's no aperture priority mode or meaningful exposure information in the
>viewfinder.  Has anyone used this camera yet or seen any reviews?  It appears
>to be aimed at the well-healed but photographically naive buyer.  It appears
>that Leica will be outdone again when/if the Contax TVS II and Hexar II
>appear
>on the market.

I agree with you, that was also what I wrote after having handled the
Minilux Zoom about a month ago. IMHO the Minilux is a much better choice,
especially now that its price has been lowered due to the Minilux Zoom's
appearance.

But, I read in the statement of the Leica Camera Group concerning the
start of the new financial year 97-98 that the compact camera sector that
was in constant decline during the last years, now registered a very
positive development to which the new Minilux Zoom which has been
"characterised by an outstanding start" contributed in particular. This
must mean that the uptake on this new camera is quite higher than
expected.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch