Subject: Re: [Leica] Inappropriate use of LUG for personal communications
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 23:30:05 -0400

At 07:25 PM 8/4/98 -0700, you wrote:
>As a brand-new LUG subscriber I hate to start off with a complaint, but
>does anyone else share my view that it is inappropriate for personal
>messages like the below to be sent to the list, thereby cluttering all
>of our mailboxes? If so, perhaps the administrator could post a policy.
>At the very least people could think twice before hitting "reply".
>
>(I've already changed to the digest form, but I think my point remains
>valid.)
>
>JK

JK

As a new subscriber perhaps you should hang around long enough to get the
drift of the list before you start complaining.  We are a community of
friends and occasionally converse with each other.  As long as the messages
include something about Leica, they are generally tolerated and sometimes
even enjoyed.  If you are looking for a strictly administered list that
doesn't tolerate friendliness, I can recommend the Photo News Network
lists.  If you don't have time to be civil, this is not the list for you;
however, if you take a deep breath and be patient, you might learn to like
it here.  I hope so.  Back to the darkroom and my v35 to develop my M6
negatives.  (Legally mentioning Leica)

Leically,

TIna

Tina Manley, ASMP