Subject: [Leica] Visoflex 2
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:26:50 +1200

Hi all,

I was wanting to get some advice (without disturbing Dick too much) about
the Visoflex 2 and its subsequent adapters et. al. After reading Matheson's
take on all of the adapters there appears to be three ways in which you can
attach a 135mm Hektor to the Viso 2.

The option that sounds the most sensible and inexpensive to me is the
combination of the following:

Short focusing mount for Hektor ZOOAN/16495 in combination with an
OUBIO/16466. This idea has recently been complicated by another short mount
for the Hektor I've discovered called a COOHS, which was originally
intended for the 'rotating stage plate'. Does anyone know if a COOHS will
work with this combination instead of the ZOOAN?

Another quick question: Has anyone successfully used a Dual-Range Summicron
with the Viso 2, other than in short focusing mode?

By the way if any of you are planning to come to New Zealand in the next
month, you will definitely want to see the exhibitions here in Wellington
at the moment. Les Cleveland, Lee Miller and Anselm Adams under the same
roof. But the most striking of all is New Zealand Leica Photog, my hero,
Brian Brake's _Monsoon_ exhibition of Photos of India. Taken 30 years ago,
they could have been yesterday and some of the most inspiring photographs
i've seen in a long while.

Have a great day all,
Gary

"...the silence of reason is required for the curing of monsters..."

                                      -Michel Foucault
                                         The Order of Discourse

Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Student