Subject: Re: [Leica] 280 lenses
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:21:20 +0100

Bill Christensen wrote:

>The 280 f4 is a spectacular optic.  Although I have not used the f2.8
>version, the decision between the 2 lenses IMHO should be based not upon a
>minute difference between the 2 lenses but upon your priority regarding
>speed versus weight, bulk and cost.

The 280/4.8 Telyt ain''t half bad either if you don't mind stop down
metering and finding the right adaptor for your Leica SLR. I've taken some
great shots with my SLs using a monopod. Of course it's a vintage design,
but the image is very bright, which makes focussing a breeze.

The weight isn't a problem if you use a monopod and use the perfectly
balanced lens tripod bush - and, of course, you can change very quickly
from horizontal to vertical shots via a beautifully engineered catch on the
collar.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst