Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar-M tested by CDI
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 17:01:27 EDT

Certainly not my assessment of the mechanical finish(?) of the Tri-Elmar that
I looked at.  The focusing mechanism felt like sand was stuck in it and the
change of focal length had no affect on the viewfinder grids in my M6 .85.
Sounds like Leica made sure CDI had a perfect example to test.   I would be
curious to know others experience with the Tri-Elmar.
BOB

<< As far as mechanical finish is concerned, top marks (as usual for Leica
 gear) are given, but they also note that the focal ring is a bit hard to
 turn.