Subject: [Leica] Re: Slide Scanners
From: Robert Rose <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 18:21:19 -0700

Glen wrote:
<<enlightening, but the HP PhotoSmart scanner has not yet come up although it is much cheaper than these scanners and is widely used.  Would you experts please describe your experienceswith and knowledge of this scanner and compare it with the Polaroid and Nikon scanners.>>

I am not an expert, but I love mine.  I use it almost exclusively for scanning negatives into PhotoShop.  I use the supplied software, which scans in 24 bit images.  You get a 24 mb file on a standard negative.  I have beta software of a third party DOS 30 bit program that gives better detail in highlights, but it is hard to use.

Bob Rose