Subject: Re: [Leica] <LIST> <FA> <EQUIP> Leica Photography
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 08:00:33 -0700

No matter how you slice it, or dice it, when you get a group of Leica
people together, the conversation is going to cover the gamut. A new "fine
art" Leica list would be made from some of the LUGnuts on this list. I
personally like to talk about photography more than equipment nuances. So
that's what I usually do. But I don't want to miss the gearhead stuff
either. And managing separate lists for separate topics might be a little
much.

Now!!! instead of that stupid [Leica] label on each message, if we
(ourselves) simply labeled each message with <LTM>, <R>, <M>, <FA>, <DR>,
<TRVL>, <FILM>, etc, the problem would be solved. Filters will move topics
to different mailboxes. I belong to a BMW list. It is not mediated either
and it is pretty civil. But everyone labels their messages with E30, E34,
E36, etc... which labels the model of car the message is about. Like using
<FS> when you have something for sale, or <WTB> if you want to buy something.

Just a thought,

Jim