Subject: [Leica] Leica-Leica Owners
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 21:49:20 -0400

I guess I'm not a Leica owner:

>Leica owners are the type of people who:

>- -- buy incredibly expensive, glamorous, powerful SUVs but never take
them any >farther off road than the mall parking lot.

Plymouth Voyager, 10 years old, 155k miles

>- -- like to brag about drinking chianti, but inwardly groan at the
thought of taking >another sip of the caustic swill.

Orange Juice and Gatorade

>- -- were the first ones to rush out and join smoking clubs when the cig=
ar
craze >began.

Yecch.

>- -- subscribe to Scientific American, but can't even decipher the table=

of contents.  >It makes a great coffee table item in their house.

Mechanical and Software engineer.  Scientific American was a passtime in
High School.

>- -- have a son named Cody and a daughter named Brianna.  Cody has a
>swimming coach, and Brianna takes interpretive tap lessons.

Vanessa and "Boof"; malls and horses fantasies.

>- -- like to drop their Tai Chi lessons into conversations:  "You know,
this morning I >was on my way to the Starbucks kiosk right after my Tai
Chi, and..."

Starbucks?? Tai Chi?? What language you speakin', boy?

>- -- enjoy the snobbery of having the smallest lens section in the camer=
store.

Actually its a pain in the butt.

>- -- wear pleated pants.

Cheap khaki chinos.  The cheapest I can find.  I use 'em 'til the pockets=

wear out.

>- -- ran out and got the same type of dog Alec Baldwin had in that movie=
,
but then >told everyone they had theirs first.

My dog's name is "Buddy" but I got mine first.

>- -- join Classic Literature book clubs because they like to think the
postman will >be impressed when he delivers their packages.

I use a P. O. Box too.

>- -- still think it's hip to order quiche in a restaurant.

What's a restaurant?

>- -- like the security of never having to consider printing their   own
pictures by >themselves.  Ever.

I'd love a V35.

As a technicality, I am a Leica owner but I get more thrills from _using_=

Leicas than from _owning_ them.

- -Doug