Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #228
From: "Jim Licquia" <licquia@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 21:36:11 -0500

<<<From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:49:08 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [Leica] Trying to keep a low profile.

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Jim Licquia wrote:

> I recently acquired a very nice IIIf/50mm Summitar that looks like it just
> came out of the box. I intend to use it as a "pocket", point and
> shoot/street camera because I expected that it would go unnoticed by most
> people and it is very compact.

I have considered a similar outfit but a banged up user.  I would use it
as a pocket camera my question is how do you all meter with it, if you are
carying a separate handheld meter it kinda defeats the purpose... is there
an MR meter for it or are you just estimating?

- - --
Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>>>>

Michael,

Outside, I just estimate using the "Sunny 16" rule. Indoors I use an old
Weston Master V serviced recently by Quality Light Metric or a Sekonic 308B
II.

Regards,

Jim L.