Subject: Re: [Leica] Trying to keep a low profile.
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 20:32:37 +0100

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

>I've never had anyone notice a Leica M, but Tom's rapid winder gets lots of
>attention. I get three questions: 1. Is there something wrong with your
>camera? There's something hanging down on the bottom. 2 What are you
>resetting when you pull that lever? and 3. (from other photographers) Can I
>try that?>>>>

Hi Tom,

Yep Tom A's rapid winder gets attention just as you say.  One guy said,
"Hey buddy you got something sticking out the bottom of your camera, is it
broke?"

And a couple of non-Leica folks have questioned what I was flicking back
and forth. Also a Leica user became quite excited about the Rapidwinder and
said he wanted to get one. Told him who to contact.

Over the years rarely does anyone pay attention to me shooting when I use
the M cameras compared to any of the R cameras. And I believe that to be
the case whether Leica R's or the other guys SLRs, they just draw more
attention due to size and usually bigger lenses.

My assistant is about to be the proud owner of her own and first brand new
M6 with a 35 1.4 Aspherical!  She just can't wait to have her own, as she
usually is shooting with one of mine. She is firmly convinced she wants be
unobtrusive compared to when she is shooting with her Canon EOS1n.

And the M6, does allow one to keep a low profile no matter where you are
shooting. The nice thing? Generally no one takes you seriously as one of
those damn press guys! :)

Sorry Eric, no offence buddy! ;)

ted