Subject: [Leica] End of the line
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 21:16:04 +0200

With a little sadness I tell all of you that I stop contributing to the LUG.
Anyone who has followed my postings will have noticed that I tried to
provide the most uptodate information about Leica lenses, cameras and
techniques about getting the most out of these marvelous products from the
twin towns of Wetzlar and Solms. All my information is based on solid fact
finding and a basic understanding of the optical,mechanical and chemical
photographic process.
In the course of my research many strongholds of Leica lore and myth crumbled.

I made a number of friends who strongly supported me and I thank all of
them for   providing  me with a critical and perceptive audience.

The prevailing discourse on the LUG the last twelve months shows that there
seems to be no learning curve in Leica facts and figures. That is a pity
and ultimately selfdestructive.

I will continue to conduct my lenstesting. Anyone of you can email me
privately to tell me if he or she is interested in receiving the results.
They will also be published on my website. (www.imx.nl).

Anyone (especially the large group of silent LUG members) on this list can
contact me on my email address and ask any question regarding Leica lenses,
Leica technique and Leica cameras. If I know the answer I will provide it.
Common themes will be wrapped up in a Leica FAQ.

Erwin