Subject: Re: [Leica] End of the line
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 98 13:10:42 +0800

Erwin,

Please do not deprive us of your valued presence: I for one found your
scientific approach entirely laudable. I know that many people here are
content to enjoy the mythical side of Leica qualities but IMHO there are
many who are grateful for your kindness in sharing your observations. We
cannot all contribute on the same level if only because we do not have
the skill, resources or time to compare notes: and besides your
methodology is so exhaustive that it seems to answer more questions than
most of us could formulate on any given lens's qualities.
I for one would be happy to pay good money for a magazine or book that
contained your findings (in English at least since my Dutch is feeble!)
and I understand that you have recently written a piece for Photo
Techniques (to which I subscribe).

I also understand that you have put together a CD-ROM of Leica
publications - please tell us more about this. From what I read about it
in the LHSA magazine it sounds fascinating and I would like one!

In any event please let me know how to keep up with your valued research:
it sure beats any of the published tests I have seen elsewhere.

Bests

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw
Photojournalist