Subject: Re: [Leica] ISP charges and new R lenses
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 98 10:01:37 +0800

>A quick comment, who pays by the minute any more anyway?

Eric,

Most places outside the US charge by the minute for the phone calls at
least (in my case I often have to make 3 or 4 dollar a minute IDD calls
to connect) and then the ISPs charge a lot more outside the US (for lower
connection rates too - I have to settle for 9600 quite often). I have had
monthly bills in four figures (US dollars) on more than one occasion in
the last couple of years.

So it is not appreciated when people send messages with huge attachments
or reply to the digest with the entire previous digest copied below.

Back to Leicas - tell us how you like the 70-180. I tried one once and
found it far too heavy, the focussing throw too wide, the need for
seperate strap inconvenient and was disappointed that it would not accept
the 1.4 converter. Maybe Leica will produce a new 1.4 converter which
would work with this lens and the new 180 APO??

What other lenses would you hope they come up with at Photokina? A
28-70/2.8 and the 21-35 2.8 (I heard of a couple of months ago) would be
welcome. My guess is that the 24, 60, 135 and one of the 35s are due for
updating and who knows - maybe the 90 APO ASPH will be out in R and M
mounts (and the 135/3.4 APO I heard of too??).

Bests

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw
Photojournalist