Subject: [Leica] Tina Response to Curt--:)
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 22:28:01 +0100

I had to change the header to make it a legit message! ;)

WOW! Tina go get em darlin! :) A sweet, quiet, shy southern girl like you
burning the word machine...whew.....eeeee!

I just have to leave Tina's complete post up, sorry folks!!

Tina wrote in response to Curt:
>Curt:
>
>        I'm sorry to be obtuse, but I still don't understand what it is
>you want from this group.  You say you want to discuss photography.  Does
>this not
>include anything technical?  Does it not include model releases?  What
>exactly does it include? Films? Developing times? Composition? Lighting?
>Social relevance? Historical perspective? I put up three Leica photographs
>for discussion and have received several helpful comments but I don't
>recall any from you.  How do you want to discuss photography?  Would you
>put up some of your own photographs for discussion if you don't want to
>discuss mine?  Give us some topics to discuss!
>        You are so concerned about wasting bandwidth and ISP time.  I might
>understand this if you were in a foreign country and had to pay by the
>byte, but I believe you are in the USA.  Unlimited ISP time is available
>for about $9 a month.  If I figured that out per second, it would be too
>small to measure.  If it takes you longer than a couple of seconds to
>decide whether to delete a message, perhaps you should take a speed reading
>course.
>        I am not normally an argumentative person.  People who know me
>would tell you that I am shy and retiring, but your complaining is getting
>on my
>nerves. You have wasted more band width complaining about wasting band
>width!  Robert asked a legitimate question about model releases in
>connection with Leica photography.  To me it is discourteous to complain
>that he did not change the header to ask this question.  It certainly
>pertains to Leica photography which is a very broad topic.
>        If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.If you don't
>have any constructive suggestions, don't complain.  Go out and take
>photographs with your Leicas for awhile.   It's bound to improve your mood.
>
>Leically,
>
>Tina

Now folks . those of you who know this shy lady, would you have thought she
could come on gang busters like that?  ... Love it! :)

ted