Subject: Re: [Leica] End of the line
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 22:28:12 +0100

Erwin wrote:

>With a little sadness I tell all of you that I stop contributing to the LUG.>>>

Erwin,

This can not be true! Many of us read your reports and I for one have
marvelled at what you do in finding the details and nuances of lenses you
do, let alone writing the reports of your findings.

You give to the LUG what no other person does, a special technical presence
that comes from many years of experience and using Leica cameras. I realize
the LUG appears to have changed somewhat in this past year from primarily
Leica technical postings to a broader photography base of messages.
Nonetheless your technical reports are of far greater importance today due
to the many new lenses coming out now and in the future.

I realize if we want reports we can e-mail you, but that isn't the same as
having it up here in our faces where it can be seen by all and open for
discussion.

I for one will sorely miss you if you should really go, although we didn't
e-personally, as I know you have with many others, I read your reviews and
comments as they appeared or I went to your page to re-check details.

This really isn't the time to leave my friend! As I said, your technical
expertise is required now more than ever before. Please think once again
about departing.

kindest regards,

ted