Subject: [Leica] Soft Release, Problem Solved
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:20:35 -0700

Just yesterday I ordered my share of soft releases from Tom.

Anticipating the problem of auto exposure, I decided to buy "O" rings of the
appropriate size, cut them open so that each can be opened and inserted
under the Softy when the camera is stored. The O ring will act as a wedge to
prevent accidental exposure. The ring will be tied by a fine nylon thread to
the right strap lug.
This can be a solution for the meter problem as well.
We use lens shades, camera cases and other conservation aids, why not an O
ring?

Joseph Codispoti