Subject: Re: [Leica] 75/1.4 versus 90/2.0
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 20:53:42 -0400

The 75/1.4 is the ONE lens I own that seems to have a noticeable character
missing from the others.  Photographs taken with it (usually at 2.8, my
favourite aperture) have a 3d quality, with the sharp subject standing out
against a very nice, soft, out of focus background.  Obviously, other
lenses have out of focus backgrounds too  ;-)  but they simply aren't the
same.  I think Erwin would be having conniptions reading this if he were
still on the list, but it is MHO.

Dan C.

[snip]