Subject: Re: [Leica] Touchy Subjects List for Web Site
From: Mark Walberg <Walberg@simmons.swmed.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:29:58 -0600

>tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant) writes:
>
>>Gee you're going to alot of trouble to inform new comers what not to
>>discuss nor ask questions about.
>
>Perhaps I am.  And we all know about good intentions...
>In reconsideration I will probably cut back the scope of that aspect of the
>web site.  Hell, maybe I will dump the idea altogether and include some of
>the same information in another form..      .....snip......

I think a simple site giving the answers for frequently asked questions is
a great idea that works well for just about any subject.  Just clip out the
comments about not asking the questions on the list.  Then, it can be
viewed as a resource rather than something to intimidate newcomers with.  A
list of basic facts about leicas would surely be helpful to people just
learning about Leicas.  It would even be helpful now and then for those who
know their Leicas well.  Some very informative posts have gone past since
I've been reading this list.  Putting some of those posts in a widely
accessible place wouldn't intimidate anyone, as long as any language is
left out that could be misconstrued as condescending.   -Mark Walberg