Subject: Re: [Leica]TMax (Was Enlarger V35)
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:58:04 -0400

Mary,

If you think Tmax 100 or 400 is nice in TMax developer, try it in D-76
at 1:1 dilution. Pretty amazing tonalities without dense highlights.
Also, you can combine both emulsions in the same tank and the processing
time is the same.

I'm just beginning to experiment with Unicolor's PressMax and I like the
results so far. However, it is so hard to find (have to mailorder it
from B&H) and the short developing times concern me.  Hope this helps.

Carl S.

Mary & Stan Kephart wrote:

SNIP

> So far I've found Tri-x developed in HC110 too grainy even in an 8X10
> format.  But when I tried T-Max 100 and 400, developed in T-Max developer
> diluted 1:9 at 72 degrees for 15 minutes, the negatives were
> beautiful--fine-grained and not too contrasty.
>
> Feedback anyone?
>
> Mary

- --
Carl Socolow

"Sometimes the wrong thing is exactly the thing you should do." Garrison
Keillor.