Subject: RE: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:22:39 -0400

> He who hesitates is lost.  Where there is a need, someone will
> step up to the
> plate and fill that need.  It would be a shame if this is true
> and Leica has
> lost the opportunity.
>
> Tom Shea

Well, Tom, not necessarilly. In the first place, the appearance of a real
rival to the M body might inspire Leitz to "get the lead out." And, even
more to the point, if someone - say Minolta - produced a quality rangefinder
body with full electronics and an M lens mount - presumably at a lower price
than those offered by the folks in Solms - wouldn't that be the best of all
possible worlds for those who want an electronic M to go with the
"traditional" body?
After all, while we may love the Leica bodies for their feel, etc., its the
lens that captures the image.
B. D.