Subject: RE: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:57:12 -0400

 No, it
> is not just the lenses which make the M package work.  I like the present
> package, as it is.  I want no changes.  I want it to stay the
> same.  I want
> the only improvements to be in the lenses.  The cameras work
> perfectly, and
> how could we ever improve perfection?
>
> Marc

Marc - First, let me start off by saying that despite some testy exchanges
between us in the past, I view you as one of the real fonts of traditional
camera knowledge here on the LUG, and look forward to your posts for that
reason. That said, I basically agree with what you said above, although I
can think of a few minor improvements - tweaks if you will - to the M6 that
would be nice. But yes, the beauty is in the package. But that being the
case, wouldn't it be terrific if another manufacture - Minolta, Konica,
etc. - produced a bells and whistles companion body that used the M lenses,
thus allowing photographers to use the traditional body in the situations
that best suit it, and the other body in the situations to which it is best
suited? And because another manufacturer was producing the second body
independently, it would relieve Leitz of the pressure to fool around with a
great product. at all. The package is fabulous for a number of reasons.

B. D.