Subject: [Leica] M6 flash idiosyncrasy
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 19:32:23 -0400

Some people here have commented on a strange idiosyncrasy of the M6 (and
perhaps earlier M models), that of the flash being triggered when pressing
down on the uncocked shutter release button while a live sync cord is
attached to the camera.

Well today I found it very usefull.  In the middle of a modelling session,
the flash stopped working.  Without wasting film, and with the sync cord
still attached to the camera, I was able to determine that there was a
break in the wire leading up to the PC plug, by fiddling with the wire
while repeatedly pressing down on the shutter button.  Changing wires
solved the problem.

Dan C.