Subject: Re: [Leica] Chrome or black
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:55:54 EDT

<< Many M lenses are available in either chrome or black.  The chrome lenses
are
 more expensive and they weight more.  Are the chrome lenses really better
built
 to justify the extra expense and weight?  Any experience from the LUG? >>

Mike, they are essentially the same.  I have, however, noticed that they seem
to have better quality control on the chrome lenses as far as the small
details.  For examples, the screw heads are better on the chrome lenses and
the screw holes are drilled more precisely than on some of the black lenses.
The chrome lenses are much heavier.  I don't think there is any optical
difference.

Tom Shea