Subject: Re: FW: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #241
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 06:45:14 +0100

Darrell wrote:
<<<<> Is it possible to  justify  use of an incident meter for a M6. I have
been trying to justify it.  Surely it spoils any spontaneity. Opinions?>>>

Darrell,

Sure it justifies, as some lighting situations are better read with an
incident meter.  Dosn't matter what kind!  And they rarely fail at giving
you an exposure that will be successful. Simply because it just reads the
light and to hell with the refective surface..

Now that's how I used them, I've probably been wrong all these years and
will be told so. To-doy I just look through the view finder of the R8 or
the M6 and when the little red ligts say...."shoot now! I shoot!" :) And
that's ok for me and my slides or B&W negs are OK.

God I love life as simple as it can be and the less you screw around taking
all that zone system meter reading stuff and forty different readings for
whatever one is trying to do....the light has changed and the moment is
lost forever. :)

Remember...KISS... "keep it simple stupid" and you'll have more acceptable
negs than worrying about umpteen dozen readings.

Obviously if you take it out everytime you are shooting along the street
you are going to miss something, howeer that isn't necessary if you take
one reading and the light doesn't change. And if it does, you'll know it's
gone darker, give it more exposure and if it's gone brighter...give it
less. See "KISS" theory!:)

ted