Subject: Re: [Leica] Bottle Opener?/flame war ;-)
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:08:44 -0700

> From: Nathan Wajsman
> I simply thread the film from the
> cassette onto the developing reels and cut off the cassette at the end.
No more
> fumbling with openers or banging the cassette against the table in the
dark!

Egads! An exposed roll with the leader out? I did that trick once about 30
years ago, then used the film to shoot all 36 exposures again.

I thought that would never happen again, but my son pulled the same "film
out" stunt a few years ago and left the film on a shelf for poor ol'
unsuspecting Dad. One double exposed roll per 30 years is two rolls too
many!

Roll the film safely inside when you're done. I know some people put a fold
in the film to note that it is exposed. But opening a can of film in the
dark is simple. You also don't pull the film thru the felt again, risking
scratches.

Gary Todoroff