Subject: Re: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:55:54 +0200

A 00:01 14/08/98 -0700, vous avez =E9crit :

>From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
>Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:34:22 -0500
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
>
>At 12:59 PM 8/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>when the IIIF was the current Leica we would not have the M6.  Leica
thought that they did the right thing when they commissioned Minolta to
make the R series.

Eric's reply :
Once again, for the umpteenth time, Minolta did not make the R series.The=
made most of the body shells (R3-7), but they did not build the cameras.
Leica built them, mostly in Portugal, some in Germany. They got
parts from Minolta and other places too.
Eric Welch

My comment :

Eric,=20

I entirely agree with you and, like you, i am fed up with malicious gossi=
about "Leica R bodies made by Minolta". Moreover the diecast body of the
R4-5-6-7 was made by Leica when Minolta abandoned the XD series. Only the
first batches of R4 have a diecast body bought from Minolta. But, after
that, Leica bought the cast forms. Minolta was not interested any more
because they had opted for the plastic junk of the AF series.

Dominique