Subject: [Leica] Pentax spot meter memory
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 14:16:55 -0600

Sorry to bother the LUG with a semi-related issue.
I was using a Pentax digital spot meter, to meter on some dark clouds.  I
had the ISO dial set at 50 and it gave me an EV reading of 7.  I changed
the ISO setting to 100, and metered quickly on the same spot just for the
heck of it, and got the same EV reading.  Hm... tried 200, 400, 1600, ...
6400 and all gave me the same EV reading of 7 from the same spot.
   My guess is that the digital wonderchip retains the last exposure value
for a certain length of time before it gets erased from memory.  If anyone
has any other ideas, let me know.  For anyone who uses this meter, try the
above exercise, and see if this happens.
   I have had no problems with the meter, but I just noticed this quirk and
thought I'd pass it along.  A quick film change and a new meter reading
will be incorrect, unless the meter has been off long enough for it to
erase what was in its memory.  Weird.

- -GH