Subject: Re: [Leica] Strobe with IIIF Red v Black dial
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:29:24 -0400

The Black dial was the earlier version of the IIIf- this refers to the flash
synch dial under the shutter speed dial. The numbers are in black. About
1953, Leitz made some improvements to the IIIf. The shutter is a tad
smoother and quieter- at least mine is, and the synch dial was numbered in
red. They also changed the synch speeds, from 1/30 to 1/50 second.
Either camera is terrific!  I wouldn't kick either one out of my camera bag!
Cheers!
Dan'l

dwpost@msn.com