Subject: Re: [Leica] Summer travel observations
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 00:45:50 -0400

Andrew,
I must relate a sad story. A lady came to our store the other week, bought a
new Pentax ZX-50, and 45 rolls of film for a European trip. Seven of the
rolls were fantastic- she actually got out of the conveyance to take the
pictures, and many were very well composed...The other thirty-eight looked
like the photos you get when your flash is not synch properly. We had her
bring in the camera; it turned out she had poked the shutter curtain with
her finger while loading, and knocked a leaf of the shutter out of the
track, resulting in a leading curtain never fully opening! BUMMER.
Unfortunately, even if a tourist take a relatively decent camera- and the
little Pentax is a nice camera for the budget minded, it shows that
photography has taken on an aura of- anybody can do it without the least
little bit of instruction. People now take their point and shoots and expect
to get the same kind of photos they see in National Geographic!
I hope your trip went better than this unfortunate lady!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com