Subject: [Leica] Content-Type: text/plain
From: "Hoyen Tsang" <hyt3636@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 08:10:26 PDT

>As for film, it looks like Fuji print film now outsells Kodak in
>Europe. The most common E-6 film was Fujichrome.  I did not see any
>Kodachrome for sale anywhere.  What's wrong Kodak, have you lost the
>ability to market effectively?

Of course! Their marketing department (which seems to be governed by
reverse rules of economics) would explain why they shot themselves (and
us Leicaphiles) in the foot by discontinuing Ektar/RG 25!  Seriously
though, I hope they're just phasing it out in preparation for a new and
improved product.  It was one of the few things for which there wasn't
much competition in the market.  They way I see it, it makes about as
much corporate sense as Leica discontinuing the M series.