Subject: Re: [Leica] Uncomfirmed Leica M7 Specs
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:57:27 -0700

At 08:20 AM 8/21/98 +0900, Paul wrote:

Hi Paul,

I started thinking about this M7 thing. Having only R cameras for 20 years,
last year I got an M2. Mainly because it was a well made basic box to hold
film and Leica lenses. While using B&W and print film, exposure was easy.
Then I started using slower slide film. I decided that a meter would be
nice for those tricky situations. So I sold the M2 and bought an M6. I had
an Abrahamsson winder and soft release waiting for it. As a carry around,
quick to use, well made, camera, this has got to be the ultimate.
Especially with a 35/1.4 ASPH. I can photograph anything, anywhere,
anytime. Well almost. Might need a Noctilux for that coal mine vacation. :)

So I'm wondering... why would I want to regress toward automation when I
came here to find a quick simple manual camera? I guess there's a lot of
people who started out using an M camera and want to progress(?) regress(?)
toward automation without moving to the R system. Having a complete R
system, I like the M6 Classic just exactly how it is. It is indeed, a great
camera.

Jim