Subject: Re: [Leica] Uncomfirmed Leica M7 Specs
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 23:57:54 -0400

Dan:

Reports are that the _production_ has stopped on the M6, not that they are
gone. There was word that the Mamiya 6MF production stopped years ago and
they are very much available, perhaps with plans to resume production once
supplies run out.

There is clearly no sortage of new M6 bodies out there.

Tom

At 07:46 PM 8/20/98 -0400, you wrote:
>If the purported M7, that is alleged to be unveild at Photokina has an
>electronic shutter, I would be willing to bet the house that the M6HM is not
>dead, but will be made alongside the M7 much as the R6.2 is now. I cannot
>see Leica totally giving up on a mechanical shutter, honed to near
>perfection ( let's face it- all the complaints I see are with knobs and
>winders falling off, RF off, or the lens is tight- I have heard very few
>complaints about the shutter!). It's like the old saw- if it ain't broke,
>don't fix it.
>I can see where they might add the electronic shutter to the line to give
>TTL at, say 1/250, in order to broaden the user base. I can't see the demise
>of our beloved mechanical FP shutter!
>Sitting with fingers crossed in anticipation,
>Dan'l
>dwpost@msn.com

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria