Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R Reliability
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 07:27:08 -0500

At 07:49 AM 8/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'd like to take a poll on what LUG readers consider to be the most
>reliable, well-designed and durable R-camera Leica has ever built. After
>reading about all the problems people have experienced with the R8, my
>guess would be that this camera would not have favorable results in
>terms of reliability.

Baloney. Looks like they have the bugs worked out. It's a superb camera,
and tough as nails. Vastly superior meter, TTL, flash meter, viewfinder,
feel, ergonomics. The only down side is it's big. But that actually helps
with bigger lenses. It's a joy to use with the 70-180 2.8 Vario Apo Elmarit
R.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

HEADLINE:    Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge