Subject: Re: [Leica] Ordering from Japan
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:39:49 -0500

At 08:42 AM 8/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ben,
>
>The last time I checked earlier this year, the Customs duty in the US on
>cameras is about 3% of the declared value of the package.

Depends on the country of origin. From Canada it's free (now there's an
argument for Canadian lenses being better!) and from Germany (country of
origin as in manufacture, not who you bought it from) is 3%. So I had to
pay $121 for my 70-180 2.8, even though I bought it from Canada. (Still a
bargain).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

.'Sounds like art,' the instructor says. 'Well, it is art,' I say.
'This divorce of art from technology is completely unnatural. It's just
that it's gone on so long you have to be an archeologist to find out where
the two separated...' "

Robert M. Pi