Subject: Re: [Leica] Vapourware Leica M7 vs Existing M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:43:38 -0500

At 06:22 AM 8/21/98 -0700, you wrote:

>it 'M4-2'  Some people have indicated that they took cost reduction
>measures on the M4-2 which make it less desirable than the M4 but thats
>another topic.

Some people is not terribly reliable. I do remember there are fewer parts
in an M4-2 than in an M3/4 like amount of things to adjust on the shutter.
But people don't seem to complain about the M4-2/P/6 shutter being
unreliable, no? On the rangefinder too. But my M6 focuses just fine. No
matter how dedicated a company is, they still have to work within  a budget
I suppose.

If you ask me, any benefit from the minimal "better" quality of an M4 over
it's descendants is not worth not having a meter, or saving a buck - they
are overpriced due to collectors. (Just an opinion, mind you based on my
being a user).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

.'Sounds like art,' the instructor says. 'Well, it is art,' I say.
'This divorce of art from technology is completely unnatural. It's just
that it's gone on so long you have to be an archeologist to find out where
the two separated...' "

Robert M. Pi