Subject: Re: [Leica]- Is this heresy....
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:07:47 -0400

Dan:

You're correct of course. If the damage is something that will worsen then
corrective measures must be taken. This can be the case with lose Vulcanite
(slip a little glue under the edges and clamp it) or other such as an ELDIA
I acquired that had a marred crackle finish in one corner that had
corroded. I removed the corrosion with a fiberglass "pen" and coated the
exposed area with Sharpie. So far-so good.

Like you, I try to keep the equipment looking good.

Cheers!

kw

>Ken,
>Thanks for your input; my main concern was to halt any possible continuation
>of damage. I feel as you do, a camera showing use, not abuse, has a certain
>'panache'. I don't however want to let it get to the point where I have to
>tell anyone who asks where I got such an interesting camera that it fell off
>the back of a truck!
>With the light at my back-
>Dan'l
>
>dwpost@msn.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>